Tuesday, February 24, 2009

First Time Chaperone Mom

Since sending Kaylee to school, we have missed her so-o-o-o much! I had to jump at the chance to be a chaperon and spend the day with her! I also wanted to spy on her friends- learn who was to be trusted! I will say, Kaylee has a pretty fun group of kids in her class! They were all so well behaved and very courteous and obedient! No wonder their reputation precedes them positively!
Kaylee got to pick her group of girls- sadly- we lost one to another group! Rose, Abby, Kaylee, and Katie managed to have a pretty great time still though!

The Science Center was full of other schools in crazy big groups! It was really great we were able to split up into our small groups and wander as we wished! These girls had the best time touching everything, laughing hysterically, and I think they MAY have even learned something along the way!!!!



Miss Abby was hilarious! So full of life and humor! Her and Rose have convinced themselves that they are twins separated at birth. Although when asked about their birthdays, they had not considered syncing that story!


From Left: Katie, Kaylee, Abby, Rose
I had convinced them all that they were in the best group! Best part is: They BELIEVED ME!!!




Their favorite part was the 'Natural Disasters' area. This whole place turned into every disaster you can think of! Complete with rain and earthquakes! It was so much fun!




Kaylee's face perfectly captures my thoughts by the end of the day!





1 comment:

OUR WILD ZOO! said...

I had some posts to catch up on!! First of all, Leslie, your bright lights post had me in tears. AMEN, sister! I need to take a lesson from you when it's feeling intense around here in our pile of "MESS". I have a sign in my living room "cleaning the house while children are growing is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing". It helps when I'm picking up the same toys for the 100th time :)
I love your writing, you are SO talented!! And such an amazing mom-I'm glad you got to spend the day with Kaylee, it looked so fun! I miss you, we need to get together soon!!!